Drinking water is one of the easiest ways for you to take care of yourself. It helps your skin stay clear, can ward off migraines caused by dehydration and offers a much needed pick-me-up in the middle of a long day. The biggest complaint about water is that it lacks taste, thus you turn to that sugary soda or juice cocktail. Well, step away from the soda bottle (and all of those calories!). Instead, make your own spa-like fruit and veggie infused water right at home.
The concept of infused water is simple, add the fruit, veggies or even herbs, such as mint, let it chill and sit in the refrigerator, then strain and serve. These three delicious concoctions will help you meet your daily quota of water (are you getting your eight, 8-ounce glasses of water a day?!) and may even have you feeling like you are in a spa right in the comfort of your own home!
Pineapple-Mint Infused water
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled and cut into triangles
- 8 mint leaves
- Add 8 cups of water to a pitcher, add the pineapple triangles and mint leaves, let sit in your refrigerator over night. Strain before using so you are left with a clear, infused refreshing drink. Add a slice of pineapple to the edge of your cup and drift away to spa-land.
Cucumber-Lemon Infused Water
- one cucumber, washed and sliced
- add a lemon if you’d like
- Add 8 cups of water to a pitcher, add the cucumber slices and lemon wedges and let steep in the refrigerator for at least on hour. Enjoy over ice, strained, with a cucumber slice hanging in the edge of your cup.
Watermelon Basil Infused Water
- 2 cups of seedless watermelon, cubed
- Ten to 12 basil leaves
- One half gallon of water
- Add 8 cups of water to a pitcher, add watermelon cubes and basil. Refrigerate for two hours and then serve over ice, add a sprig of basil to your cup as a garnish.