Save Money with Not So Extreme Couponing
In the spirit of full disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase something using one of my links. This helps cover the expense of running the site while keeping the content 100% free. Note that I only recommend products I believe in. Your support is appreciated!
If your kids eat four times their own body weight each day, you know how tight your weekly grocery budget can get.
Why not save a little money with coupons? No need for extremes here, just some simple savings.
You can find grocery and food product coupons in:
- Inserts in your local Sunday paper
- Online coupon sites like DailyGroceryCoupon.comÂ that offer free, printable coupons for grocery items
- Coupon books from your favorite grocer, like Whole Foods.
Other savings sites offer coupons and discount codes for general merchandise like clothing, electronics, toys and more:
- RetailMeNot.com – a one-stop source for printable coupons and coupon codes. Coupon codes may be online for participating retailers. Coupons and codes change daily, so be sure to check in often.
- Dealigg.com – a hotbed of deals and coupon codes for products and merchandise, like clothing, gadgets and more. You can also search for coupons by store brand, like Kohlâ€™s and Sears.
Mom and super-saver, Kimberly Danger from MommySaversÂ has these tips for saving money with coupons:
- Be sure the coupons you clip are actually a good deal. If off-brand products are still cheaper than name brand with a coupon, consider purchasing the off-brand.
- Combine coupons with two-for-one offers or other store deals. For instance, if your store has cereal on sale for two boxes for one price, and you also have a coupon for that brand of cereal, use it. Youâ€™ll end up saving more this way.
- Find stores that will double your coupons. Call ahead and ask if your store allows doubling up. Not all do.
- Clip coupons ahead of time. Then keep them organized so you remember to actually use them.
We love these cute coupon organizers:
What are your favorite ways to save with coupons?
Latest posts by Heather Allard (see all)
- It’s Time to Say Farewell and Hello - October 27, 2013
- 7 Invoicing Tips for Small Businesses to Ensure You Get Paid Every Time - October 22, 2013
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Entrepreneurial Spirit Up - September 15, 2013