Little Black Book
Since I receive many emails asking about my favorite things to run my business, I thought I’d share them all in one place. Here are the people, products and services I use and recommend. Bookmark, browse and share!
- Carbonite: Is there anything worse than losing all your files? I use Carbonite to back up my entire computer, from documents to images to music and more.
Specifically, what I use here on The Mogul Mom.
- WordPress: In my book, WordPress is the absolute best publishing platform. It’s free, easily customizable and the foundation of The Mogul Mom.
- InMotion Hosting: Our traffic has grown quite a bit over the past year, so I’ve switched to VPS hosting which offers powerful, affordable, safe hosting.
- Genesis Theme: After five years on Thesis, I’m moving over to Genesis because it’s search engine optimized, easy to customize, user friendly and safe.
- Outright: I’ve used Outright for the past three years and it’s made my life, business and tax time infinitely easier. With just one click, you can have your Schedule C done and ready for Uncle Sam.
- GoToMeeting: This is the easiest, most secure and cost-effective solution for conducting unlimited online meetings with up to 10 attendees, all for one low flat rate. Try it free now.
- FreeConferencing: Totally free conferencing for up to 1,000 participants with awesome features like screen-sharing and recording.
Creating an eBook:
- eBook Evolution: Learn how to write, design, market and launch your own ebook quickly and easily with eBook Evolution.
DIY Website Setup:
- Digital Delivery App: I’ve been using DDA since fall 2012 and absolutely LOVE it. Sell digital products, physical products, services, software and subscriptions with ease AND get seriously awesome reporting that makes the monthly fee worth it. Integrates with email lists, Google Analytics, PayPal and so much more. I can’t say enough about Digital Delivery App.
- Shopify: Shopify gives you everything you need to create your online store and start selling today.
- AWeber: Run email marketing programs with powerful, easy-to-use email marketing tools including autoresponders, signup forms, RSS to email and more. Start your $1 trial here.
- MailChimp: I’ve used MailChimp for the past four years and it just keeps getting better and better. MailChimp helps you easily design email newsletters, share them on social networks, create autoresponders, integrate with services you already use and track your results with seriously awesome reporting. Sign up free here.
- Gravity Forms: I can’t say enough about how awesome Gravity Forms are – you can create the coolest forms and integrate them with your email list, Paypal payments and so much more!
Graphic and Web Design:
- Bluehost: For hosting that’s quick and easy to use, especially for WordPress, you can’t beat Bluehost.
- InMotion: Got a need for hosting speed? Then check out InMotion for powerful and affordable performance.
Images and Photos:
- iStockPhoto: We purchase most of the images you see on The Mogul Mom from iStockPhoto. They have an incredible, affordable selection.
- PicMonkey: Awesome photo editing – choose from free or cheap.
- Pixabay: Find free public domain images right here.
- Skitch: Get your point across with images that are annotated with shapes, sketches and words. Super cool app that integrates with Evernote.
- eLance: Looking to hire? You’ll find pretty much any kind of talent on eLance – writers, developers, customer service pros and freelancers galore.
- oDesk: This is the world’s largest marketplace of skilled contractors. Find web designers, graphic designers, writers, bloggers, virtual assistants, SEO help, social media experts and MORE. I’m currently using oDesk to find a customer support specialist for my new premium WordPress plugin that’s coming soon!
Time Tracking Software:
- GoToWebinar: Plan, present, record and analyze webinars with up to 1,000 attendees for one affordable flat rate. Plus it comes with a free GoToMeeting license. Try it free now.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please know that I have personal experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them only because they have truly helped me build and grow my business. If you do decide to purchase any of these products or services through this page, I am grateful.