Weigh-In Wednesday: Where Do You Find Inspiration?

Today I called my graphic designer (and good friend) Shannon Whealy to answer a question she’d sent me by email yesterday. She wasn’t there.

An hour later, she called me on my cell phone. I wasn’t there. So she left this message:

“Hi Heather, sorry I missed your call – I was at the bus stop with the kids. I’m heading out with another graphic designer for an inspirational day at a museum, but I’ll have my cell if you want to call back.”

An inspirational day? That’s something I’ve never heard of before – and it’s absolutely GENIUS.

So, here’s my question for you today – actually, I have two questions – where do YOU find inspiration? At a museum? A boutique? The beach? Your camera? A blog? Out your window? In your car?

And, do you take “inspirational days”? (I never have but I think I’m going to start – such an incredible idea!)

Weigh in below in the comments! (And thanks, Shannon for the inspirational day inspiration. ;D )

1. rod rodriguez

I’ve never had an inspirational day, but I do get inspiration from almost anywhere, usually from other websites, sometimes from other artists. But then again I remember constantly telling my wife how when I take her window shopping at the mall that I find my creative juices flowing, I always tell her maybe I should set up an office at the mall, but I never really gave it much thought till now.

2. Ching Ya

Inspirations are everywhere — that’s how I like to remind myself. 🙂 Everytime when I’m reading a blog, digesting the opinions and comments always spark new ideas. Not entirely about blogging though, but sometimes the way how I handle life, lessons I get to learn from each experience shared by others. If we manage to see things in many perspectives, there will be less misunderstandings in life, maybe. ^^

Great post to inspire. Shared on Twitter. Nice meeting you too! 🙂

@wchingya
    Social/Blogging Tracker

3. Ros

I love “inspirational days”! My inspirational days are really simple… movies with hubby & our daughter, lunch with hubby at one restaurant, then another for dessert (can’t miss dessert), meeting with my local mom networking group or simply calling up my friend of 20 years to chat. She’s always up with the trends, so I know I’m always going to be in for a treat on the latest tidbit on celebs, movies or tv shows. I make a conscious effort to turn the business off for my family, but for self-preservation as well. It’s important to me to engage with the people important in my life.

4. Jen Gallagher

This topic is so very timely for me, because I just finished (starting!) an enormous mind map of my inspiration sources. It helps me to keep tabs on what things start my engines. If I had to narrow down the list, I’d say architecture and words are my two biggest drivers.

I’m a compulsive list maker, too. And I actually made a piece that lists 5 things that inspire me:) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=36470832 (Although, living in the DC suburbs, at this point, I’m about ready to get out the chisel and remove winter from the list!)

Jen

5. Tracy Young

Going through art and photography books is also a wonderful source of inspiration. I’ll go to Barnes & Noble and buy a TON of large, glossy magazines and then rip out the pages that I think are fun. I store them in my “ideas” folder so that I can go back to them when I need some creative inspiration.

Tracy,
      I used to do that – tear out pages from magazines. I haven’t done it in awhile – I think maybe I’ll start again. 😀

6. Michelle

Definitely shopping in boutiques! With three small kids, an inspiration day sounds FABulous 🙂

7. Delicia ormistom

This is such a great idea an insperational day. I need to make time for that. I think most insperations come while shopping.

8. Shannon

You are welcome, Heather! I definitely got some ideas today. YOU inspire me, too!

Your email address will not be published.