Mogul Mom reader Genevieve Carter asks,
“What is the best time tracking software/application that you know of? I’m an interior designer with multiple clients and would love to know the best way to track time online so I can bill appropriately.”
That’s a great question, Genevieve – and one that I’m sure many would like the answer to. When you’re a service provider who works with clients on an hourly basis, it’s important to keep a precise record of the time you’ve spent working so you can accurately bill your client.
I asked around my social networks and my savvy service provider friends had loads of time-tracking tips for you:
@jeffSARRIS I use Harvest for time tracking. All for the simple dashboard widget (Mac). 🙂
@YanomoApp Have a look at www.yanomo.com. Sounds like we have what you are looking for. Good luck on your search and have a great weekend.
@halosecretarial My best time tracking method so far: Chrometa. Keeps track of everything so I bill properly!
@accountingSPOT I use HiTask for time tracking. LOVE it!!!
@terreece I like Freshbooks. Great online & smartphone app so I can bill on the go.
Dawn Martinello wrote, “We use MyIntervals over at Monday Morning VA. It’s a cheap, all in one solution!”
Brendan Ebel Kruse posted, “Freshbooks.com. Easy. Online. Free.”
Stephanie Lee, “I use www.myhours.com. It’s also free (and easy), and it apparently marries well with Freshbooks.”
As you can see, Genevieve, there are loads of different time-tracking websites, software and apps out there. Here’s a recap of the favorites mentioned, as well as a few key features for each:
- Simple time tracking
- Fast online invoicing
- Powerful reports
- Calendar-based time and task tracking
- Instant overview of projects, budgets and deadlines
- Personal dashboard for every team member
- Tracks time without notes or timers
- Logs all your computer activity
- Records and breaks down your time by application, e-mail, Web page, and document.
- Clear and easy interface
- Mobile access through iPhone and iPad apps or by using HiTask’s mobile version
- Powerful reporting
- Track time quickly and easily
- Invoice clients
- iPhone app
- Easy to implement, no software to install
- Time tracking and task management
- Powerful reporting
- Track time and expenses
- Subscribe and start using instantly
- Web-based time tracking
Let us know which time-tracker you choose and how it works for you!
Photo by ItalianPop