What if you could slip a little gadget in your pocket, magically attach it to your smart phone and get paid for goods and services, no matter where you are?
No, this isn’t a sci-fi fantasy. There really is such a thing.
It’s called Square Up and it allows you to process all major credit cards from anywhere.
When you sign up to Square Up, you’ll receive a little (free) card reader that plugs into your smart phone, iPad or iPod touch. Then, download the app to your phone or mobile device. When you’re ready to accept a payment, just click the Square Up reader to your phone, log into the app and you’re all set to get paid!
We love Square Up because it makes it easy and affordable to accept credit card payments, without having to set up a merchant account.
And, it allows you to get paid even when you’re at:
- Craft fairs and trade shows
- Trunk shows or home parties
- Anywhere you might sell your goods or services.
What’s the catch, you ask? Nothing, unless you consider the very reasonable 2.75% fee Square Up charges on all completed transaction a catch.
Let’s look at the benefits:
- Works with iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phones and iPad devices (not Blackberry yet. We know; that does suck).
- Transaction fees are taken out immediately so there are no bills to pay
- Your money is sent to your bank account on the next business day
- You can access the Square Up app via 3G/4G or secure Wifi, from anywhere
Drawbacks to Square Up? Ummm…..none!
It’s hip to be square.
Where are you going to use Square Up? Tell us in the comments.