You work hard doing what you love. But who among us couldn’t use a bit of a break?
Between answering email, product development, customer retention, and publicity, running a business can feel more like two full-time jobs.
Of course, it shouldn’t.
Owning your business should mean working on your own terms, providing the strategy and vision for an enterprise that is improving people’s lives daily.
But how to get to that point?
Without a big team and sophisticated technology, it might seem a Sisyphean feat. It’s not. Start with the most basic of online business assets: your website.
Lazy websites create busy work that mom entrepreneurs just don’t have time for:
- They generate unnecessary email.
- They make it difficult for visitors to talk about your business.
- They give a poor impression of what you do and who you do it for.
- They ignore the greater vision for your company.
If you want your website to work harder so you don’t have to, focus on where the majority of your busy work is coming from.
If you find yourself answering the same questions over and over again, create a FAQ page and link to it often.
If you notice visitors aren’t sharing your content, give them something really juicy to share, include social media buttons, and link to it often.
If you notice your brand just doesn’t give the right impression of your business, spend some time reworking visual and written elements to be more attractive to your ideal customers.
Your website is the first point of contact for most of your customers. It’s your customer service specialist – and it’s working 24/7. Make sure it’s working hard..
How is your website falling asleep on the job?
Latest posts by Tara Gentile (see all)
- How to Create the Ripple Effects that Will Increase Business Growth - January 30, 2013
- Fight Website Laziness: How to Make Your Website Work Harder - August 14, 2012
- When a Side Business Just Isn’t Enough - June 17, 2012