Life sure gets busy as the year winds down, doesn’t it?
Raising kids, running a business, hosting holidays, cooking meals and wrapping presents doesn’t leave a whole lot of time left over at the end of the day.
But as Thanksgiving Day nears, it’s so important to take time, even just a few moments, to express our gratitude for the many wonderful people and things in our lives.
Here are five ways you can give thanks in five minutes (or less):
1. Write down 2-3 kind things you have done in the past few weeks and THANK yourself.
As women, we tend to be hardest on ourselves. Don’t let the guilt of what you are NOT doing take over. It doesn’t matter if the things on your list are big or small. What’s important is that you understand that you touch more lives than you think.
2. Tell someone important why you’re THANKFUL for them.
There is great power in spoken words, especially if you’re the type that doesn’t easily dish out compliments. A simple hug with a “thank you for loving me” or “you’re such a good boy” goes a long way.
3. Schedule a date with a loved one or a good friend to show your GRATITUDE.
Reach out to someone you adore but haven’t had much time to connect with lately. Invite them to go out and catch up on things, and insist on paying. Sometimes people just need to know that we still have time for them in our lives.
4. Send an email to someone on your team or a service provider that really impacts your business in a positive way.Behind every mogul mom is a woman who knows that it takes a team to truly be successful. Take a few minutes to send personalized emails to three people who help you with your business. It doesn’t have to be a perfectly worded email or explain anything in detail. Here’s a sample email:
“Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I’m so thankful you’re on my team. Your ability to do X helps me more than you know.”
5. Make a donation to The Mogul Mom Lending Team through Kiva.org
The Mogul Mom is dedicated to helping moms around the world build a business that supports their family – but we can’t do it alone.
You can join us in giving other moms the same opportunity we have to run a business, raise a family and rock both by clicking here.
‘Tis the season
With kids out of school, Thanksgiving dinners to cook, lists to check twice, schedules to juggle and a business to run, this is definitely the season that can test our patience and drive us crazy.
But we can focus on the stress or we can focus on the joy. We can say bah humbug or we can give thanks.
The choice is ours.
How do you show thanks during this busy holiday season? Share with us in the comments.
About the author:
Terra Bohlmann, PMP, is the founder of TheWorkingHouse.com. She coaches entrepreneurs on how to grow a home-based business by using the web and virtual teams. She (and her fabulous virtual team) also creates WordPress websites, designs custom graphics and implements creative marketing techniques to help small businesses grow their online presence. Terra lives in Houston, Texas with her husband and three sons (9 year old Grant & twin toddlers, Cooper and Lance). Stay connected with her by subscribing to her eNewsletter, HOME|WORK or following her on Twitter.
Latest posts by Terrah Bohlmann (see all)
- 5 Ways to Give Thanks in 5 Minutes - November 19, 2012
- 2 Easy Ways to Take Charge (Cards) and Get Paid - October 22, 2012
- 5 Ways to Use Back to School to Get Back to Business - August 21, 2012