WHAT’S YOUR NAME?
Aldeen Simmonds-Thorpe Consulting
TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS AND WHY YOU STARTED IT
Aldeen Simmonds-Thorpe Consulting Inc. was started in January of this year out of a need I saw to empower professionals in starting, developing and transforming their careers as well as provide companies with strategic human resource insight to better align HR strategy with business strategy. I am really passionate about people, processes and continuous improvement, so my company’s mission to execute that. My mantra is to ignite, inspire and empower and my business embodies that.
WHAT DO YOU SELL?
My business sells two services:
1. Coaching Services – focused on personal professional development. Whether you are a new mom heading back to work from maternity leave or you are frustrated with your job and looking for ways to move up or out, I can provide you with support, strategies, resources and coaching to help you make the transition confidently.
2. Consulting Services – focused on helping startups and small businesses identify, develop and align HR strategy to business strategy. I operate as an outsourced HR department providing all the facets of an HR department, including strategic HR leadership for a fraction of the cost and at least twice as much impact. Everything from talent acquisition, to designing employee benefits and employee training and development, we cover it all.
Feel free to reach out and discover how I can help you transform your professional life and the human resources in your business.
WHO IS YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE?
My company has two target groups:
1. Professionals who are at any stage of their career development looking for coaching support to get them to the next level and optimize their efforts to get there.
2. Star-ups and Small to Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) owners who are looking for human resources services and support of an outsourced HR department
WHAT 3 PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF?
Three professional accomplishments I am most proud of:
1. I would say the first is swallowing the fear and launching my own company in human resources. It took quite a bit of thought, prayer, persistence, and overcoming fear to get to this point. While I am still learning. growing and sharing, this is one of the accomplishments I am most proud of.
2. The second for me is a not fully accomplished yet, but will be by the end of the year. This year, while I was working on my company, I have also put a focus on investing in myself. This year I am taking on two designations in my field and should be completing those by the end of the year. I am really passionate about continuous learning and improvement and this year I have focused on that. I am constantly improving myself so I can add more value to my clients.
3. My third accomplishment has come through networking. I believe that collaboration and shared learning can truly transform your life, perspective and opportunities. This year I have collaborated with a connection I met through networking on LinkedIn. She and I are launching ‘Ignited and Inspired’ a YouTube Show and Podcast and Wellness imitative to help people transform their lives through taking care of their mental, physical and professional well-being. This is one of the ways that we (She is a Mental Health and Wellness Coach and I am a Career Coach) are using our ‘coaching powers and purpose’ to ignite, inspire and empower everyone we come in contact with to take care of their whole being and become a better version of who they are.
WHAT MAKES YOUR BUSINESS STORY UNIQUE?
I think what makes my business story so unique is the perspective I have. For both the human resources consulting and career coaching service that I provide, I am sitting on both the side of the hiring manager as well as the career coach. I also have my own way of helping my clients discover their X factor and use that to achieve their goals.
HOW CAN WE FIND YOU?
Latest posts by Gabriella Ribeiro (see all)